Saturday, June 04, 2005

Opening Night

Well I managed to see a little baseball tonight. After a few false starts the rain hit with a vengence with one out in the top of the third. Let the record show that I wimped out about 15 minutes into the rain delay.

I'm relying on memory here, since my scorecard turned to mush in the bottom of the second, but the highlight of the first two inning was an RBI single by Zack Walton. I believe it was Nick Carlson who scored from second on that play. The Golden Giants were up 1-0 when the rain delay began.

The game may very well restart. Hopefully there will be a happy box score in tomorrow's paper. If anyone reading this stayed longer than I did and knows the ultimate result, please post a comment below.

1 comment:

David Streeter said...

I left when the rain let up slightly, so I'm not sure if they restarted. I would bet they called the game. It was fun while it lasted, I was enjoying the game.